- 4 sweet potato yams
- 1 lb ground beef, extra lean
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Taco meat seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 ground pepper
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Adjust spices above based on your preference.*
- green onion, chopped
- red onion, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- avocado, sliced
- cilantro, chopped
- hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix the taco seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, and cook garlic until fragrant. About 3 minutes
- Next, add meat to your skillet and mix in taco seasoning. Cook until brown.
- Once your potatoes are done, cut them lengthwise and stuff them with the beef mixture.
This is the part where you need to weigh your potatoes and measure your beef according to your meal phase.
Pro tip #1: if the potatoes are too large, scoop some of the potatoes into a storage container for another meal.
- Add toppings to your potato, pair with your favorite vegetables and serve.
Pro tip #2: There are a lot of
free foodsavailable to enjoy with this meal, such as cilantro, shredded lettuce, raw onion, no added sugar salsa, and hot sauce.