What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services.
Personal Information: Account, Personal Demographic, and Service Information.
- Account Information. You must provide certain information when you create an account (“Account Information”) to receive our Services. This information includes your name, email address, date of birth, phone number, the password you create, and credit card or other payment information. Your account information also includes records and copies of any correspondence with you and details of any transactions you carry out through our Services.
- Self-Reported Information. In order to provide our service, MetPro may ask you to provide data about yourself (your “Client Privacy” information), including demographic data such as personal health history, biological sex, age, nutrition history, and behavioral information such as nutrition and exercise habits.
- Service Information. This is the data generated (your “Client Data”) by you using our services. It includes daily weight, nutritional and fitness choices, body measurements, photos, as well as information collected when interacting with our coaching and administrative staff.
Computer, Device and Browsing Information. As you interact with our Services online (including our websites and MetPro App), we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. This data may include details like these:
- Details of your visits to our Services, which could include:
- the resources that you access and use on the Services;
- the external sites that referred you to our Services; and
- the external sites that you visited just after visiting our Services.
- Information about your computer or device and internet connection, which could include:
- your IP address or other device ID;
- your operating system; and
- your browser or device type.
The information we collect helps us to improve our Services. It also helps us to deliver better and more personalized features to you by enabling us to recognize you when you return to our Services, by storing information about your preferences and customizing our Services according to your individual interests, and by administering a survey or other feature of our website. It also helps us to provide targeted advertising, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, and monitor the success of our marketing activities.
Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We collect personal information from you to:
- Learn about you and your fitness goals and other related objectives to help you achieve them;
- Create a unique profile in our systems in order to provide relevant and targeted services to you;
- Send you educational information;
- Include you in any of our promotions or offers;
- Better understand your preferences and tailor offers and services to you based on those preferences;
- Conduct research and contribute to publications, including medical and scientific journals aimed at furthering the field of exercise and nutrition science (This data is aggregated and de-identified. Personal information is removed and this data is anonymous);
- Better understand our website usage and trends, to improve our service performance, and build knowledge pertaining to user attitudes and motivations around health and fitness;
- Process transactions for goods and services that you have purchased from us;
- Improve our marketing and communication programs.
Disclosure of your personal information:
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose any personal information to any entity to enable them to market their products and services. Any information provided to any other research oriented third-parties will only be provided at the aggregate and de-identified level such that no individual can be uniquely identified or linked to the information. Under no circumstance do we share images or photographs with any third-parties.
Under certain circumstances, MetPro will disclose your personal information:
- When we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- When you have consented to the disclosure;
- When the services we are providing to you require us to give your information to a third-party your consent will be implied, unless you tell us otherwise;
- To a potential successor to our business and its professional advisors in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control;
- For the purpose of completing the transaction and continuing to provide services to you; or
- Where it is necessary to establish or collect amounts owed to us.
Cookies and Web Beacons:
Information about your use of our services, as evidenced through cookies, locally stored objects, and web beacons may be disclosed to our service providers. Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer or phone’s browser. A cookie may remain on your computer or phone after the session finishes (until the cookie expires or is deleted by you). A Web Beacon, sometimes called a tracking pixel, are tiny graphic files that contain a unique identifier that enables us to recognize when someone has visited our websites or opened an email we have sent to them.
In addition, we provide the following information to third-party analytics service providers:
- Information about your activities on our website, including responses to any surveys we may administer; and
We currently use third-party analytics and performance analysis partners, and a variety of advertising and marketing platforms, which include:
Social Networking and Advertising Partners:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com
- Twitter: www.twitter.com
- Instagram: www.instagram.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com
- Pinterest.com: www.pinterest.com
- Valassis: www.valassis.com
- Vimeo: www.vimeo.com
- YouTube: www.youtube.com
- Calendly: www.calendly.com
- Quora: www.quora.com
Data Analytics Partners:
- Google Analytics: www.google.com
Is my Personal Information secure?
MetPro takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from unauthorized access, modification, loss or disclosure. We utilize standard data protection standards, including:
- Data security practices for storage and retrieval;
- Restricting access to personal information;
- Internal passwords and security policies;
- Utilizing technology safeguards, including security software and firewalls to prevent unauthorized access; and
- Building security procedures.
Changes to this policy:
Rights and Responsibilities:
Requesting a copy of your personal identifiable information:
- You can get a copy of your information by sending an email to email@example.com
- We will provide a copy or a summary of your information, usually within 21 days of your request.
If your personal identifiable information needs to be updated or corrected:
- You can ask us to correct information about you that you think is incorrect or incomplete. You can ask your coach or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask us how to do this.
- Under certain circumstances we may say “no” to your request, and will give you an explanation in writing within 30 days from your request.
If you’d like to change how we communicate with you:
- You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, cell phone or work email) or to send mail or electronic communications to a different address.
- We will say “yes” to all reasonable requests.
If you have any questions pertaining to our Privacy Practices, or would like to request a copy of your Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com .
Effective Date: July 11, 2018