Yields 4 MetPro Serving
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Veggie Carb = 2 (Basic: 30g veggie carbs)
Fat = .5 (Basic: 7.5g fat)
- 2.5 lbs tomatoes (about 6-8 vine tomatoes), cores and quartered
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 Medium cucumber, cut into large pieces
- 1/3 Red onion, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.) Using a blender or food processor, puree all of the vegetables along with the olive oil, vinegar, and garlic, in batches if needed.
2.) Add to a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then cover the bowl.
3.) Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving, the flavors need to blend so the longer the soup chills, the better.
4.) Serve chilled.
Optional: Garnish with diced cucumber, tomatoes, and/or onion