Yields 8 MetPro Servings
MetPro Tip: For a vegan option, we suggest you use ¼ c nutritional yeast. This will increase protein to 2 protein instead of 1.5
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Meal Carb = 3
Veggie Carb = 2
Protein = 1.5
Fats = .5
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils, measured dry
- 1 1/2 cups yellow split peas, measured dry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp herbs de provence
- 1 tsp salt
- 2–3 cups kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 oz favorite cheese to top
1.) Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
2.) Place about 4 cups of the cooked mixture in a blender. Pulse gently until semi-smooth and creamy. Add back to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in the kale and parsley. Turn the heat off.
3.) Season to taste and serve with 1 oz of your favorite cheese.