Yields 4 MetPro Servings Total
MetPro Serving Breakdown without tortillas:
Protein = 2 (Basic: 30g protein)
Fat = 0.5 (Basic: 7.5g Fat)
- 1-1/4 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- adobo seasoning, or salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup chunky mild or medium salsa
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- lime wedges for squeezing
- Tortillas (according to meal plan allotment)
1.) Season the chicken with adobo (or salt), then place in the crock pot and top with garlic powder and cumin. Top chicken with salsa (no water needed). Cover and cook LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
2.) When cooked, drain excess liquid from the pot keeping as much as the tomato sauce as possible and shred with two forks. Cover and keep warm until ready to eat.
3.) Make the slaw, combine cabbage, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a bowl and toss. To serve, place tortillas on each plate, top with chicken, slaw, sliced avocado and serve with lime wedges.
Recipe inspired by Skinny Taste Recipes