Yields 6 MetPro Servings Total
-For phases 670 or MD 7 and higher, can use regular pasta noodles
-For phases 410 to 610 or MD 4 to 6, can use brown rice pasta noodles
-For phases MD 3, 3.5, 30 and 35, use spaghetti squash or zoodles
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Meal Carbs = 2 (Basic: 30g meal carbs)
Veggie Carbs = 0.5 (Basic: 2.5g carbs)
Protein = 1 (Basic: 15g protein)
- 1 bunch asparagus, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 18 oz large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp herbs de Provence, or you can use your favorite herbs
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, wheat or gluten-free
1.) Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When skillet is hot, spray with oil and add shrimp.
2.) Cook shrimp about 1 to 2 minutes in each side until ALMOST cooked through and remove from the pan. Set aside.
3.) Reduce skillet heat to medium, add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, careful not to burn, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until tender, about 4 minutes.
4.) Add the white wine and broth and stir, cook 1 minute then add the asparagus, salt, pepper and herbs. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat, until the vegetables are tender.
4.) While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta al dente. Drain when done.
5.) After sauce simmers 10 minutes, return shrimp to sauce and finish cooking, about 1 minute (Do not overcook or shrimp will get tough). Add pasta to the sauce and toss well.
6.) Divide equally in 6 bowls to serve hot or to eat through the week.
Recipe inspired by Skinny Taste Recipes