- 3-4 bell peppers tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- 1-2 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1 can of Green Chilies
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder or use 1-2 tbsp of fresh Red Onion
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- Optional (if carbs and fat are allowed at the meal): black beans or cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, green chilies, tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion, chili powder, salt, pepper, and phase appropriate amount of black beans/feta at the end after each portion is measured out if you’d like to add.
- Spoon the filling into the bell pepper. Place in oven safe dish, cavity side up and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. About 20-30mins.