Yields 4 MetPro Servings Total
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Meal Carbs = 1 (Basic: 15g meal carb)
Veggie Carbs = 1 (Basic: 5g veggie carb)
Protein = 2 (Basic: 30g protein)
Fats = .5 (Basic: 7.5g Fats)
- 1 lb (16oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed & quartered
- 1 medium ( about 6oz) sweet potato, peeled & diced ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored & diced
- 1 cup chicken stock (low sodium), divided *Chicken Bone Broth also works great here.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- a pinch of nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
1.) Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, until hot. Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through.
2.) Transfer chicken to a separate dish, and set aside.
3.) Turn the heat back to medium-high. Add brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and onion. Cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
4.) Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, cinnamon, tarragon, and nutmeg. Cook 1 minute, then pour in 1/2 cup of chicken stock and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and cook until the stock has evaporated.
5.) Remove bay leaf and add the chicken and remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock.
6.) Cooked until well combined and heated through.