Yields 4 MetPro Servings Total
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Meal Carbs = 1
Veggie Carbs = 1
Protein = 2
- 1lb (16oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups brussel sprouts -- trimmed & quartered
- 1 medium (6oz) sweet potato -- peeled & diced ½ in pieces
- 1 medium white onion -- chopped
- 2 medium granny smith apples -- cored & diced
- 1 cup chicken stock -- divided
- 2 cloves of garlic -- minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
1.) Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat, until hot and shimmering. Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through.
2.) Transfer chicken to a separate dish.
3.) Turn heat back to medium high. Add brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion and salt. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender and the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
4.) Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 1 minute, then pour in 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Bring to a boil and cook until the stock has evaporated.
5.) Add the chicken and remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cooked until heated through.