- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 oz brown rice lasagna noodles, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 8 oz of vegetable broth
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste **Pasta free options: With a mandoline or vegetable spiralizer, slice zucchini, squash, or large carrots to make grain-free noodles.
**Optional 1. If using fresh whole lobsters, prepare lobster by boiling them in water for 6 minutes. Cool and then remove meat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile in a wide skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add in shallots. Cook for 1 minute until wilted. Next, add garlic, red pepper flakes, and tomatoes. Cook until garlic is fragrant, but not brown.
- Add half of the vegetable broth to tomato mixture and lower heat to a simmer until reduced by half (for about 5 minutes).
- Add lobster and mix until well coated with tomato mixture. Cook for another minute.
- Add remaining broth and simmer until sauce has thickened to desired consistency. Stir occasionally.
- Once pasta is al dente, drain and slice lengthwise.
- Measure the appropriate amount of lobster, tomato sauce, and pasta for your current MetPro meal phase.
- Add fresh basil and serve immediately.