- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for pan
- In a large plastic bag, combine the 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice and Halibut fillets. Coat fillets well and refrigerates for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, such as a cast iron skillet, spread coconut oil evenly over pan. Heat oil over high heat until smoking. Add halibut fillets and cook for 3 minutes each side.
- While fillets are cooking, brush tops and sides of each fillet with the marinade.
- After each side is cooked, reduce the heat to medium and cook until centers of fillets are opaque ( about 2 to 4 minutes more on each side depending on thickness).
To complete the meal, pair dish with meal carbs such as brown rice or sweet potatoes and vegetable carbs such as braised greens or steamed carrots.