Yields 4 MetPro Servings Total
MetPro Notes: Serve over brown rice (according to your meal plan) if you have meal carbs OR over cauliflower rice if no meal carbs
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Veggie Carbs = 0.5 (Basic: 7.5g carbs)
Protein = 2 (Basic: 30g protein)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cooking spray
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef OR 95% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 small sliced cucumber, skin on
- small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for topping (optional)
- 2 sliced scallions, white and green parts (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
- cooked brown rice/ cauliflower rice
1.) Combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
2.) Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over high heat, spray with oil and add the ground beef or turkey. Cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3.) Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 1 minute.
4.) Pour the sauce over the beef, cover, and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
5.) To assemble the bowls, place your allotment of brown rice or cauliflower rice in each bowl, beef/turkey, cucumbers, carrots, sesame seeds, and scallions if desired. If you want more heat… add a little sriracha!