It’s hard to keep healthy when you travel. You have all the foreign cuisines and Disneyland desserts, it’s a challenge to stay on MetPro. Welcome to The MetPro Method Podcast! Join Crystal OKeefe as she talks to Megan Omli about some tips for nutritional balance.
We discuss the following:
- Business Travel versus Family Travel and how the two are different
- Consider the frequency of events to set your game plan
- Before you leave, you can determine what options you have at your hotel for food and exercise
- Grocery stores are a big asset for frequent travelers
- Navigating business dinners
- The meal that should be the largest each day and why
- Weight gain - why you shouldn't trust the scale on day 1
- Breakfast and snacks are your anchor meals for the day - we'll tell you why!
- Sometimes you just want to be in vacation mode - how to create a strategy to prepare for success even when you go off plan!
- Alcohol - multiple strategies to consider!
- Exercise - Yes, you CAN fit it in and still have fun
- Shelf-stable items are CRITICAL to your successful return - we explain why!
- Finding the balance between vacation mode and healthy habits
- Portable snack ideas that are TSA approved
- Regardless of what approach you take - do not beat yourself up - just get back to the program
Find more podcast episodes here: https://www.metpro.co/podcast
Category: The MetPro Method