Yields 6 MetPro Servings( one serving is a half cup)
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Veggie Carbs = 1
Fats = .5
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place spaghetti squash, cut-side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
2.) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until the skin can easily be pierced with a fork and spaghetti squash is tender. Remove from oven and allow to rest until cool enough to handle. Scrape out flesh with a fork and discard skins.
3.) Toss baked, hot squash with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.
Original recipe found at Allrecipes.com with modifications made to be MetPro friendly