Yields 12 MetPro Serving
MetPro Serving Breakdown:
Protein = .5
Snack Carbs = 2
Fats = 1
- 2 cups nuts (Coach Polly uses half almonds, half pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup egg white protein powder
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 3 tbs instant coffee, or espresso powder (can adjust to taste)
- 18 large Medjool dates, pitted (10 oz)
- 3–5 tbs water, as needed to blend
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs, optional
1.) Use your food processor to process nuts, egg white protein, cacao powder, and coffee powder until nuts have broken down into small pieces. Careful not to over-process, as the nuts will continue to break down in the next step.
2.) Add pitted dates and process until combined–the mixture will look a little dry. With the motor running, add about 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the mixture is sticky and everything comes together. Depending on if your dates were juicy or dry, you may need less or more water. Stir in cacao nibs if using.
3.) Wet hands and roll the mixture into 12 balls. Store in fridge or freezer for long term.