4 (6oz) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 Tbsp lime zest
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil + more for brushing the grill
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
3 cloves minced garlic
salt and black pepper
1 1/2 medium avocados: diced
2 roma tomatoes: chopped
1/2 cup red onion: chopped
1 clove garlic: minced
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Place chicken on a cutting board and cover with a sheet of plastic wrap
- Pound out thicker parts of chicken for even thickness
- Transfer chicken to a gallon size ziplock bag
- In a mixing bowl whisk together: lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, 3 cloves of garlic and salt/pepper to taste
- Pour marinade mix over chicken in the bag seal bag and press out air (rest in refrigerator for 2-4 hrs) move chicken around a few times to ensure even marinating
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat and brush grill grates lightly with olive oil.
- Grill chicken: Internal temp 160-165 (about 4 minutes per side) Meanwhile....
- In a mixing bowl mix together: avocado, tomato, onion, garlic and lime.
- Spoon mixture over chicken and garnish with cilantro