Yields 4 MetPro Servings Total
MetPro Notes: Serve over brown rice (according to your meal plan) if you have meal carbs OR over cauliflower rice if no meal carb
MetPro Serving Breakdown without rice/cauliflower rice:
Veggie Carbs = 1 (Basic: 5g carbs)
Protein = 2 (Basic: 30g protein)
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce, or gluten-free tamari
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 one-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cups of broccoli florets, blanched
- cooked rice or cauliflower rice, for serving
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, sliced on the bias
1.) Season the beef with white pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
2.) In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, warm 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame oil until just smoking. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is just about cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3.) Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the skillet, then add the onions and cook until they are softened, about 8 minutes.
4.) Add the blanched and drained broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Then add the reserved sauce and stir to coat.
5.) Return the beef to the skillet and continue to cook until the beef is cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly, about 3 minutes more.
6.) Transfer to serving plates over rice or veggie rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.
Recipe inspired by Skinny Taste Recipes